counter for blogspot
follow Nicole's Nickels on Twitter
follow Nicole's Nickels on Twitter
follow Nicole's Nickels on Pinterest
follow Nicole's Nickels on Twitter
follow Nicole's Nickels on Twitter

Emailing Companies for Coupons!

by Nicole on August 20, 2009

One of my readers, Jen, recently sent me an email about emailing companies for coupons. I had never done this before and at her suggestion, emailed several brands I am loyal to to see if they had any coupons available to send me.

I simply went to the contact page (I am providing direct links for you) and wrote a short email about how I enjoy their products very much and am a dedicated couponer. I further asked if they had a mailing list for coupons or any coupons available that they could send me. I used google’s auto-fill program to fill in the forms with the click of the mouse. The following companies responded to my requests with coupons (some even sent coupons for FREE products!):

John Morrell
Visine/Johnson&Johnson
Dannon
Pinnacle Foods
Continental Mills
Tylenol

Powered by Subscribers Magnet

Check out HOT Amazon deals on your favorite items!

{ 19 comments… read them below or add one }

1 Rani August 20, 2009 at 8:27 am

Thanks, Nicole! I just spent 12 minutes sending off emails to companies whose products I use and love. It was easy!

2 Jeni August 20, 2009 at 12:11 pm

I'm so happy you posted this, so other readers can get these coupons!!! Thanks for sharing!!!

3 Kristin August 20, 2009 at 12:14 pm

I have a feature on my blog of this very thing. I call it 5 A Day. You can see it here:

4 Cathi August 20, 2009 at 7:26 pm

I have to say that it totally WORKS! I did this a few weeks ago with two companies…one is the company that makes the Burger King Snacks (in the chip isle) I got a bunch of coupons for .50 off a bag, and I get these at Kroger, where they double them! The other was a small company in South Carolina, they do a really yummy stewed okra…not only did I get coupons but they UPS'd me a gift pack of THREE of their most popular items…. Seasoned Turnip Greens, Boiled Peanuts and Stewed Okra with Tomato and Corn! That was a huge surprise! And a nice yummy treat for me! (my family doesn't like greens…oh well..more for ME! LOL!)

5 CCakaJapan August 20, 2009 at 7:42 pm

this sounds like a great idea! what forms did you fill out with the auto-fill? the companies' forms?

thanks for writing about this!!!! I am definitely gonna try it out:)

6 Nicole @ Nicole's Nickels August 20, 2009 at 7:47 pm

Yes, the companies' forms – they ask for your contact info but it only takes a minute with auto-fill! Then I personalized each message I wrote!

7 Debbi August 21, 2009 at 8:38 am

Hi Nicole! Yes, I have been contacting companies for a while now asking for coupons and was amazed at how many free coupons I got, for hot dogs, Little Debbies, Red Wine Vinegar and more. Thanks for posting this!!

Debbi
Saving with Mamanordy

8 Keri Lyn @ She Saved August 21, 2009 at 7:03 pm

I have actually gotten free coupons by calling the 800# on the back of packages! I did this once when I called to check ingredient/content and after the customer service person gave me info, they offered free coupons…and they send a really nice promotional packet (I think it was Green Giant frozen food)
Great post!!

9 Nate and Molly August 26, 2009 at 4:15 pm

I e-mailed Cabot and they sent me coupons for Cabot dairy products within 24 hours of my e-mail.

10 Celia August 26, 2009 at 4:31 pm

Six months ago I emailed Pledge to let them know how I liked a sample of their Multi Purpose Wipes. I received a FREE Pledge coupon – Up to $4.

11 Bethany August 26, 2009 at 8:06 pm

When I received great service or poor service, I always like to send letters to restaurants! I've received some great coupon and gift certificates that way!

12 Jodi August 27, 2009 at 7:14 am

Goldfish (Pep. Farm) sent me a coupon for a free package and a $1 off q when I called to tell them how much my kids liked a new flavor.

13 Hollynn Kidwell August 27, 2009 at 12:12 pm

I sent emails to all of the companies you had listed in this post and I only got one coupon for Bush's Beans and several responses saying that they cannot send out coupons but I could stay informed of promotions if I joined their newsletter. So it didn't work for me. Thanks though.

14 GrannyKaren August 27, 2009 at 3:58 pm

HI
This is great info. I am going to try it and see what happens. I linked to your post. Thank you.

15 Nicole @ Nicole's Nickels August 27, 2009 at 5:10 pm

Hi Hollyn: Go back and read those emails the companies sent you – many of them say they don't maintain lists for coupons, etc and don't have coupons to give out BUT since you took the time to email they will send you some coupons. If you just skim the email or read the first line or 2 it doesn't look promising but read on! Also, I just posted this a week ago so give it a little time!

16 ROC Coupons August 28, 2009 at 1:50 pm

After reading your blog I recently decided to give this a try also. So far I've had pretty good results including coupons for free products.

17 Rob August 30, 2009 at 5:20 am

Fantastic! I've spent the last 30 minutes submitting contacts to a dozen or more companies. Can't wait to see what kind of responses I get!

18 Daniela August 26, 2010 at 9:30 pm

I e-mailed Popchips and they sent me two FREE coupons and one $1 off. Yeah!

19 Danielle May 24, 2011 at 8:12 am

Hey another company that I wrote was turkey Hill, They sent me a packet of coupons and Invited me to send them an email every month to get more :) Hope this helps!